FCBCrypto software provides inexpensive row level data encryption for Oracle database Enterprise and Standard Edition 11g, 12c, 18c and 19c versions, where Oracle Advanced Security option is not available or too expensive.
- Row level encryption
- SQL and PL/SQL data types supported
- AES 128|192|256 encryption technique for string, lob, bfile (on UNIX like OS including check sum) and raw data types
- Modified One-time pad encryption technique for number and date data types
- Data compression for string, lob and raw data types
- USB Security Token supported on Linux platforms
- Main code is written in PL/SQL language. External modules are written in C/JAVA languages
- Single and multi-byte char sets supported
- All editions of Oracle 11g (excepting XE), 12c, 18c and 19c database (including multitenant container databases) supported
- UNIX like operating systems (Linux, AIX, Solaris) and Windows supported
- DBaaS compatible
- Unauthorized execution prevention
- External database key storage. No any keys stored within constant database objects
- Database key operations performed in-memory only
- Centralized in-memory database key management
- Lightweight, fast and reliable
- Easy UNIX textual installation wizard. Easy Windows installation
- No named user license nor license per processor required. Only license per database instance
Please see installation and user guides below for more details.
How it works
Database in-memory context is filled out by cryptographic related information from a predefined table, an operating system key file and an USB security token (Linux only). PL/SQL package provides predefined interface decryption/encryption functions for every SQL or PL/SQL data types. In case of need the PL/SQL package performs preliminary data compression. Before encryption or decryption actions the PL/SQL package reads cryptographic information from the database in-memory context. Data go through the PL/SQL package. Data are encrypted or decrypted, compressed or decompressed and returned back. See, please more details in downloadable guides below.
FCBCrypto is a try-and-buy software. Trial period is 60 days.
Software v.1.2.398 and lower can’t be used as a part of materialized views or virtual columns.
85 USD or 70 EUR per 1 license.
- Nov 19, 2019. 423 build released
- Oracle 19c support
- Performance improvements, i.e. all decryption functions are deterministic now
- Materialized view and virtual column restriction removed
- Feb 17, 2019. 398 build was validated against Oracle Database as a Service (DBaaS) and there are three cases of FCBCrypto usage:
- 1-st case is a migration from on-premises database to the cloud. In this case if you use USB Security Token Encryption feature you should understand this feature looses functionality total, because Oracle DBaaS is a cloud service, i.e. there is no way to insert any customer provided USB device wherever. This means if your Oracle DBaaS target is a bare metal or virtual machine database system you will have full FCBCrypto functionality for Linux, excluding USB Security Token Encryption.
- 2-nd case is a fresh FCBCrypto installation in Oracle DBaaS. FCBCrypto was successfully tested, i.e. installed and worked, on a database created via “Get Started Oracle Cloud Platform for Free” program. This means if your Oracle DBaaS target is a bare metal or virtual machine database system you will have full FCBCrypto functionality for Linux, excluding USB Security Token Encryption.
- 3-rd case. Autonomous Transaction Processing or Autonomous Data Warehouse cloud service. Please, get in contact with me to get consulting.
- Nov 2, 2018. 398 build supports Oracle 18c Express Edition
- Aug 11, 2018. 398 build released:
- Unauthorized execution prevention
- Jun 17, 2018. 214 build released:
- Oracle 18c support
- More PL/SQL code protection to prevent reverse engineering
- Unix installation and user guide
- version: 1.2.398, size: 2.0 Mbytes, md5: 808c7a274c8d8393df7ec01cac1a118d
- version: 1.2.423, size: 2.2 Mbytes, md5:0a531c7712bfea53aa8e03f02a69bb35
- Windows installation and user guide
- version: 1.2.398, size: 1.8 Mbytes, md5: ce765f34c80a49df89ee96c224b9557e
- version: 1.2.423, size: 1.9 Mbytes, md5: 38303f567b24e93b35527529d02c6958
Found a bug? Please use this link to report.
Questions? Propositions? Comments? Let me know what you think via email