FCBAsyp is a software providing possibility to run Oracle PL/SQL code in simultaneous asynchro-parallel mode on Oracle 11g, 12c, 18c or 19c databases where standard Oracle database parallel execution ways aren’t fast or restricted or just unacceptable.
A few ways exist to execute PL/SQL code in parallel mode in Oracle database:
- via DBMS_SCHEDULER package
- A standard package for any Oracle editions starting from 10g version
- A minimal latency to commit (one-by-one) PL/SQL units to launch them in parallel mode
- Fast commit doesn’t mean fast launch
- Dependence on JOB_QUEUE_PROCESSES parameter, i.e. 1000 pcs. for 10g, 11g, 12c and 4000 pcs. for 18c database versions
- The actual number of parallel processes created by DBMS_SCHEDULER is auto-tuned by the Oracle database scheduler depending on several factors, including available resources, resource manager settings, and currently running processes*, thus
- Unpredictable count of simultaneously running parallel processes is guaranteed
- via DBMS_PARALLEL_EXECUTE package
- A standard package for any Oracle edition starting from 10g version
- Too complicated (a lot of preliminary steps) and therefore too slow, i.e. create chunk table, create task, split the workload into chunks, run the task etc.
- a William Robertson’s way
- It works
- Oracle Enterprise Editions only
- Too complicated usage
- via FCBAsyp software
- All editions of Oracle database (excluding XE edition) are supported for 11g, 12c and 18c versions
- All kinds of PL/SQL program units supported
- No any dependence on JOB_QUEUE_PROCESSES parameter
- Adjustable CPU’s utilization from low to extreme high value
- Recursive launch possibility
- Up to 15% faster than DBMS_SCHEDULER way
- Due to “external nature” of FCBAsyp software you can run it on one host and distribute code execution to the different hosts
- No named user license nor license per processor required. Only license per database instance
- Java database component should be loaded and valid
- Windows support is experimental
How it works
Customer Oracle PL/SQL program calls FCBAsyp package’s procedure and passes unlimited count of parameters to it. Parameters are any PL/SQL units to run. FCBAsyp package’s procedure initiates FCBAsyp’s Java module to call Oracle SQL*Plus external utility to connect to the database and to run passed PL/SQL units in parallel way. Once PL/SQL units are started they work asynchronously.
FCBAsyp is a try-and-buy software. Trial period is 30 days.
50 USD or 40 EUR per 1 license.
- Sep 21, 2018.
- Initial 78 build released. 32 parallel execution tasks set up by default
- May 14, 2019.
- 78 build was successfully validated on Linux version of Oracle 19c database and found as compatible.
- version: 2.1.78 size: 41 Kbytes md5: 980673e198b1f7d3cbbf37649124017b
Found a bug? Please use this link to report.
Questions? Propositions? Comments? Let me know what you think via email